Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Not Quite Intro, Intro

Hooray! At last I’m here and ready to post again! It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks getting the business running on Etsy and a page set up on Facebook, but everything is finally in order and I can now concentrate on keeping this machine running smoothly. 

I initially wanted to give a full out introduction here, but I’ve struggled with what all I wanted to say and how exactly I should say it and that’s why I kept putting it off. Instead, in the wise words of Nike, I’ve decided to ‘just do it’. So here goes…

For starters, I would like to once again welcome you to the official Fiddlehead Photography blog. The name is nothing special, there is no grand meaning behind choosing it, I was just pondering something nature relevant to call my new business and thought “Hey, fiddlehead, yeah, that sounds good with photography” and there the namesake was born. A funny little story that coincides with the name, however, wound up creating itself after the fact. 

I made a reference in a Facebook post about how there is no rhyme or reason to how I go about creating my fine art photos and that I just ‘fiddle’ with the camera and ‘fiddle’ with Photoshop until I end up with something I love. Being the smart alek I am, I added that I guess that would make me a fiddle-head (womp womp). A friend then asked me if that is what the name was in reference to, and therein my kitschy little story behind the namesake was born.

It couldn’t have worked out more perfectly, the fact that the name came first and a purposeful meaning came later. It’s right in line with my personality and how I tend to operate on a regular basis- completely bass ackwards!

2 comments:

  1. I very proud of you babe to follow your passion. Plus it gives you a break from listening to me ramble on on day about politics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much for all your support my love. None of this would be happening right now without your encouragement and occasional nagging:P You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete